Tuesday 8 September 2009

2 ou 3 choses que je sais d’elle

a film by Jean-Luc Godard

With all due respect to Jean-Luc Godard, I think that Two or Three Things I Know About Her is not his best movie, and certainly not “one of the ten greatest films ever made”. Saying that, it is well worth watching. I liked acting there, especially when Juliette (Marina Vlady) and other women characters talk straight to the camera giving us various bits of unsolicited information. One of the best scenes is the one where Christophe reads aloud his essay on Friendship.

In my new school, the boys and girls are all together. That makes it co-ed. Is friendship between boys and girls possible? Yes and no. Yes, because some girls are very nice. Maryse, Martine, Ghislaine, Roseline. With these girls we can talk. ‘Hello, kid’, I say. ‘Hello’, they reply. Then we talk until we disagree.
‘You’re impossible’, she says, I kick her, she throws an ink-ball at me, teacher comes in. In this case friendship is not desirable or possible. I’d rather be electrocuted with my feet in water. Both nice and nasty girls are quite clean... and most are nice, so I feel better about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment