Sunday 14 February 2016

Todo lo que nunca te dije lo guardo aquí

by Sara Herranz

I discovered (online) the Canarian artist Sara Herranz while in Santander. Which I thought was ironic. In any case, I fell in love with those drawings. (Is “fell in love” too strong an expression? Sure it is. Live with it.)

But this book (2nd edition, in case you are interested; also acquired in Santander on my last weekend there) is more than a collection of illustrations. I don’t know what it is exactly though. It has graphic and chapters but graphic novel it ain’t. Saying that, none of “graphic novels” I came across lately are. Is it a love story, or many love stories, or a story of promiscuous search for a true love? Well, these are some of the possibilities. It is funny (not ROFL funny) and sad (not “I want to kill myself” sad), witty and touching. Not to mention erotic — oh wait. I just mentioned it.

♡ ♥ ♡

Me enamoro de ti precipitadamente, sin leer la letra pequeña.

♥ ♡ ♥

Que te rompan el corazón no es el fin del mundo, no es el fin de nada.

♡ ♥ ♡

El enamoramiento dura seis meses, luego hay amores eternos que duran tres años.

♥ ♡ ♥

Hay gente que va al gimnasio para ponerse en forma. Nosotros preferimos otro tipo de agujetas.

♡ ♥ ♡

Ellos son la droga. Ellos son la cura. Y no son las personas que necesito, pero como placebo no están nada mal.

♥ ♡ ♥

En cualquier caso, la vida no parece del todo una mierda, debajo de este enorme edredón de plumas.

♡ ♥ ♡

Hoy es uno de esos días en los que necesito un abrazo, o tres cervezas.

♥ ♡ ♥

... la vida es demasiado corta para no besar con lengua.

♡ ♥ ♡

Me muero por conocer a mi próximo ex.

♥ ♡ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment