Timur drew several illustrations for his school project on Miguel de Unamuno.
- Miguel de Unamuno was a Spanish essayist, novelist, poet, playwright and philosopher...
- ...as well as professor and rector at the University of Salamanca.
The University of Salamanca
- Unamuno was born on 29 September 1864 in Bilbao.
Unamuno was born in Calle Ronda, 16, Bilbao
- When he was young, Unamuno was competing for a position of Basque language teacher in the Instituto de Bilbao against Sabino Arana and Resurrección María de Azkue; this latter has eventually won the contest.
Unamuno competes for a position of teacher
- In 1924 Unamuno was kicked out of the university and banished to Fuerteventura where he had nothing better to do than spend his days on the beach.
Unamuno in exile
- The day he returned to the University from his exile, Unamuno began his lecture by saying “Decíamos ayer...” (“As we were saying yesterday”) as if he had not been absent at all.
Return to the University
- In 1936 Unamuno had a public quarrel with the Nationalist general Millán Astray.
Unamuno vs Millán Astray