Thursday 29 December 2022

MicroRelatos 2021

by Various Authors

For weeks, a stack of these books was gracing gathering dust at the entrance to Rvbicón, so I took one home, where it continued to gather dust for another six months or so, until I decided to tidy my desk and... brought the book with me to the beach. What a good idea! I read most of it while sunbathing, and finished it the following week.

The book contains 34 short stories selected from 882 submissions to the XIV competition organised by the association Sol Cultural. All the stories are based on the winning photos of the XIX Photography Contest (by the same association) and are no longer than 150 words.

Here is my favourite story of the book:

Llueve

¿Recuerdas que nos imaginábamos juntos y viejos como esa casa que se desintegra de a poco, orgullosa de mantenerse en pie mientras el tiempo la corroe; que no deja que le maquillen sus paredes, porque se estropearían las nubes que siempre dan lluvia en tardes de encuentros y despedidas? Hoy, después de llevarte flores, entré a esperarte.
Magdalena Novoa Uquillas
Quito, Ecuador

No comments:

Post a Comment