Friday 15 March 2019

¡Aquí Estamos! Ciclo de cortos dirigidos por mujeres

On occasion of the International Women’s Day, there was a free screening of short films directed by women in Monopol on 13—14 March. I went there on 13th and... had to go back home as they ran out of tickets! So I returned the following day by the box office opening, which happened to be 16:30. (I have to say that I couldn’t find the box office opening times at the Monopol website but it looks like they start to sell tickets 30 minutes before the first screening of the day.) I got my ticket but, to my chagrin, somewhere between the buses and the cinema I lost (how?!) my yellow hoody, which served me well for the last five years. The programme consisted of five shorts: Miss Wamba, Centrifugado, Mai, Marta and Madres de luna, all very different and all very good. I also was impressed that there were two Spanish sign language interpreters (during the short introduction, we were told that it was for the first time in Monopol history!)

Miss Wamba

Centrifugado

Mai

Marta

Madres de luna

No comments:

Post a Comment