Friday 28 June 2019

Two short films

Yesterday, I went to Castillo de Albalat dels Sorells, which currently hosts the Town Council, to see two short films dedicated to LGBT pride. A man in a white shirt approached me and introduced himself. “I am a mayor”, he said. “Welcome.” Obviously, in all the gathering I was the only new face for him.

Before the screening, the mayor (named Nicolau) greeted everybody in Valencian and councillor of Ayuntamiento de Albalat Javi González read the LGBT+ manifest. The projection was followed by tertulia (here’s my chance to use the word I learned this month) led by Luisa Notario, city councillor of Ayuntamiento de Valencia, and Eley Grey, a teacher and writer. As the discussion was in a mix of Spanish and Valencian, I understood about 70% of it. After that, we were offered ice-cold horchata with fartons. Nice.

Eran otros tiempos (2018)

a film by Alejandro Talaverón

Director’s granny talks about her secret love.

Vestido nuevo (2007)

a film by Sergi Pérez

A boy likes to dress up for carnival. So what?

No comments:

Post a Comment