Thursday 18 June 2009

Moishe’s Bagel

I didn’t know that such thing as Scottish klezmer exists until Yuri and I went to see Moishe’s Bagel in February. They played two hour-long sets, each song accompanied by a wonderful story told by one of the musicians. Before the break, Phil (the keyboard player) said, “We have some CDs for sale. We cleverly choose the songs for our program so if you want to hear all of them, you have to buy both our albums”. I had no choice.

It was already 10:30 pm and they were about to play encore. I said, “Yuri, our train is leaving in 20 minutes. Shall we go or you rather stay some more?” Yuri said, “I’d like to stay and listen to the music.” So we stayed. They played a beautiful song, a lullaby, about eight minutes long (I think). We still have managed to catch the last train from Cambridge station.

No comments:

Post a Comment