Saturday 6 June 2009

Star Trek

a film by J. J. Abrams

Yuri and I went to see Star Trek the movie today. (I managed to catch a short nap in the first few minutes of the film and awoke when the opening title STAR TREK appeared on the screen; apparently, I did not miss much of the content.) I am no Star Trek fan, so I don’t have to compare ‘old’ and ‘new’ Star Treks. (In fact, it doesn’t matter if you are acquainted with ‘old’ Star Trek or not.) I liked the faded colours, red mini-dresses and overall 1960s feel about the whole thing. The acting is surprisingly good. Pavel Chekov the math genius (Anton Yelchin) speaks with a ridiculous but very believable Russian accent, while Scotty (Simon Pegg), predictably, speaks with a charming (but also ridiculous) Scottish accent.


No comments:

Post a Comment