Saturday 4 July 2009

Arco Iris @ Harston

The Harston and Newton Primary School Fête today featured vintage cars, children fancy dress competition, bouncy slide, tug of war, barbeque, beer and Pimm’s — in other words, everything that one normally expects of English village fête on a nice Summer day. Except of one (but very loud) thing: Arco Iris. It was a low-key affair, by Arco Iris standards: only 16 people turned up. But then, it was rather an achievement, since by this Thursday there were only ten people on the list. There was nobody for a mid surdo, so I decided to give it a go. In the end, I got to play high surdo today. (Luckily, I was not only one on high surdo, otherwise I would be lost. The main rule here is: “Look for those who seem to know what they do, and copy them”.)

So... I think it went rather smoothly, considering that it was my first gig with Arco Iris. I am looking forward for more of that. Watch this space.



P.S. A dialogue at the drinks stall.
“A pint of beer, please.”
“Sure. One Pimm’s here!”
“I did not ask for a Pimm’s. Do I look like a bloody Pimm’s drinker?”
“Sorry, mate. It’s your hat.”

No comments:

Post a Comment