Friday 8 April 2011

Acer Aspire One A150-Aw Netbook

by Acer

I bought this cute netbook two years ago. Almost all of this blog’s posts were created on it. I took it with me to Fuerteventura three times, and it was priceless: a lot of eating and drinking places have free Wi-Fi, and it even fits in teeny weeny safe deposit boxes. Since it came with Linux, I was leading Microsoftless life with a little (or not so little) help from Macles, which was a great source of wisdom on Acer Aspire One.

Apparently, this particular netbook is discontinued by Acer. The new models are as compact but have the 10.1 inch display (mine is 8.9 inch) and longer battery life. However, I am yet to see the newer Aspire One/Linux combination.

The photo above shows the correct mode of operation in the garden at the ambient temperature of 295 K or higher. The red picnic blanket that I got in South Africa proved to be even better buy than the netbook. I am determined to put it to good use this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment